The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers FREE tax help to taxpayers who need assistance. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified taxpayers. Don't pay for filing, loans, or a rapid refund.
You may be eligible for:
- Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) up to $3,584 per child
- Child Tax Credit up to $2,000 per child
Qualified taxpayers can include, but is not limited to:
- Low- to moderate-income households
- Individuals with disabilities
- Individuals with limited English
- Individuals living in the surrounding rural communities
2022 VITA sites announced!
Qualified taxpayers can choose from the following sites to have their income tax returns prepared this VITA season.
- United Way of North Central Florida
- Buchholz High School
- Porters Community Center
- City of Waldo
- Tri-County Community Resource Center
- Dowling Park
For site dates and times or to schedule your VITA appointment, contact 211.
Make an appointment with 211!
Starting mid-January, contact 211 for an appointment to have an IRS-certified volunteer prepare and file your taxes at one of our VITA sites. Simply dial 2-1-1 or (352) 332-4636 to make an appointment.
Or you can prepare your taxes at home with MyFreeTaxes.com.
What should I bring to my appointment?
Please click here to check what you need to bring for your VITA appointment.
Interested in Becoming a Volunteer?
Learn to prepare taxes and make a difference in your community at the same time. How can you make a difference? By simply volunteering to help your community by preparing taxes free of charge with the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program.
Submit your application now by using the VITA/TCE Volunteer and Partner Sign Up and you will be one step closer to becoming a VITA tax volunteer. Applicant's information will be forwarded to the appropriate IRS office.
Certification in limited tax law is necessary, but training will be provided.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 Tax Year Results:
- Refunded $2,398,599 to the community and saved taxpayers $539,490 in paid fees for a total impact of $3,948,656.
- Taxpayers were refunded $490,594 through the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).
- Taxpayers were refunding $488,717 through Child Tax Credits (CTC).